1975 West Oak Circle
Marietta, GA 30062
Mohawk: Your Total Source for Every Flooring Need
Mohawk is a leading supplier of flooring for builder, residential, commercial, and multifamily applications. Founded more than 130 years ago, Mohawk has grown from a carpet company into the world’s largest flooring manufacturer with operations in North America and Europe. Regarded as one of the most trusted brands in flooring today, Mohawk offers a complete selection of carpet, cushion, ceramic tile, laminate, hardwood, stone, vinyl and rugs, and is considered the consumer’s total flooring resource. From cutting-edge carpet fiber technology to industry-leading laminate installation design, Mohawk is committed to continuous innovation and improvement. As a result, Mohawk always excels in delivering the best selections of styles, textures, patterns and colors that satisfy the design preferences and performance needs of consumers.
Mohawk deeply believes it has a responsibility to make the world in which it operates a better place. The company continues to move sustainability forward in a leadership position, innovating aggressive ways to lessen its impact on the environment. Mohawk is committed to building a more sustainable world by aligning its processes, products and people. Headquartered in Calhoun, Georgia, Mohawk employs more than 20,000 people in the United States.
SmartStrand is the ONLY carpet with built-in stain and soil resistance that will NEVER wear or wash off.
- Superior durability and softness for peace of mind and comfort
- Lifetime stain and soil resistance that’s built in, not sprayed on
- Protection that will never wear or wash off like other carpets
- Easy to clean with just water, no chemicals required
- Environmentally friendly, because it’s made in part from renewable resources
No wonder SmartStrand is rated #1 in customer satisfaction!
The Revive Difference: It All Comes Out in the Wash
Unlike most solution-dyed polyester fibers, Revive fibers go through a complete cleansing process during manufacturing to wash away process residue, rough fibers, particles and oily residue. this fiber-wash also:
- Removes impurities and increases fiber strength and durability
- Improves soil resistance to keep carpet cleaner longer
- Increases adherence ability of Scotchgard™ Protector Advanced Repel Technology
- Enhances fiber softness and body for greater comfort
Hardwood plank flooring from Mohawk features a variety of technological advances to enhance their beauty and style:
- Purebond® Technology replaces urea formaldehyde adhesives traditionally used in the manufacture of composite wood products to eliminate formaldehyde emissions associated with UF adhesives and contribute to better indoor air quality. PureBond® Technology is now used in the manufacturing of all domestically produced Mohawk engineered hardwoods, resulting in products that satisfy CARB compliance regulations and gain LEED points.
- Hardwood flooring with DuraBeauty™ Technology is infused with a premium, scratch-resistant commercial–grade aluminum oxide finish that is 50% more crush resistant than traditional wood floors. And, when the stain is injected in the actual wood fiber, you’re left with permanent color that won’t wear through
- Mohawk’s firm commitment to sustainability and transparency in all of its hardwood sourcing and manufacturing is developed through numerous Mohawk GreenWorks initiatives.
Shangri-La (style #32082), an engineered exotic, 5-inch wide plank flooring and a Greenworks product; Montello (style #32353), an engineered maple, 4-inch wide plank featuring DuraBond and Purebond technologies.
Villareal porcelain tile (photo 1: Santa Flavia, style #T785P; color VL11-Mocha Latte) is available in a variety of field, decorative, and accent pieces to suit a variety of applications and achieve custom looks.
Graruva glazed porcelain tile (photo 2: Benin, style #T759P; color #GV97-White Mountain), is a Reveal Imaging product in a variety of floor and decorative tile options that uses state-of-the-art imaging to deliver unmatched color definition, detail and veining to emulate natural stone.
Mohawk: Proving Eco-Friendly Has Many Advantages
When it comes to manufacturing sustainable carpet, no one does it better than Mohawk. It’s a process Mohawk has perfected for more than a decade at its plastic bottle recycling facility in Summerville, Georgia. Since 1999, Mohawk has diverted more than 30 billion plastic beverage bottles from the landfill, converting them into the company’s premium EverStrand® family of carpets. Mohawk’s EverStrand carpets are made with up to 100 percent recycled content and are remarkably resistant to staining, soiling and static. Mohawk continues to be the largest recycler of plastic beverage bottles in the flooring industry today.
Mohawk’s SmartStrand® carpet made with DuPont™ Sorona® renewably sourced polymer is ranked first in customer satisfaction, with 98 percent of SmartStrand customers saying they would purchase their carpet again.* Thirty seven percent of SmartStrand with DuPont Sorona’s polymer is made from corn, replacing more limited petroleum ingredients. As a result, production of SmartStrand with DuPont Sorona emits 63 percent less greenhouse gas as compared to the production of standard nylon carpet, and production of seven square yards of 40-ounce SmartStrand with DuPont Sorona carpet saves enough energy to equal one gallon of gasoline. Additionally, SmartStrand with DuPont Sorona is the only carpet with permanent, built-in stain and soil protection.
Mohawk stands behind all of its recycled product claims. It is the only flooring manufacturer that provides on-demand certification letters verifying a product’s recycled content.
*Brandware Research study, November 8, 2010